Thursday, November 8, 2007

More from Tuesday's lunch...

Yikes - I realize that I am more than two days behind on my posts, and you think all we do is eat down here! Well, here's a last dose of journaling our eating experiences in Buenos Aires, at least for today. I hope to get somewhat caught up tonight and share some prayer requests for a strong finish here - three very busy days ahead!

First, here's a picture from Comer, a great buffet place. This was a buffet with all kinds of food, and I'm still trying to somehow eat healthy...

Fish would be a healthy option. I got pretty interested in what seemed to be a fish-bar where you could ask the guy behind the counter to make you some sort of fish stir fry or whatever. However, I do not know the Argentine words for "fish" or "stir fry". However, I asked Ruth Ann Martin to help translate what I'd like to have them make...


Here's a picture of the guy who made me his special spicy version of "salmon blanco" (white salmon). After trying to ask about specific ingredients, I just said, "Ask if he'll make it the way he likes it." Ruth Ann told me that he said yes, and wanted to know if I'd like it spicy. What do you think I said?



This word is pronounce pa-REE-sha, and refers to the way they grill things here. A parilla (pa-REE-sha) often has grilled meat, cow, pig, sausage, and a variety of other things. It reminds me a little of Mongolian BBQ.



Some of the tasty meat still dangles in front of the window, apparently trying to tempt customers to come in and be filled.



I had a piece of "cho-REE-so" (sausage), and it was fantastico. This was also Jennie's last formal meal in Buenos Aires. Again, the price was way cheap - somewhere around $8 a person for the full buffet, desert, soft drinks, and table service. Not exactly like Mongolian BBQ...

No comments: