Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gary's Weekend Preview (If you'd like to pray ahead...)

Friday:
- In the morning, I join the missionary team for prayer at 8:00 am at the home of Kevin & Holly HIgh. I'll spend the rest of the morning with them (if they let me), and then join Steve & Wilma Bailey for lunch. To see how these events really went down, click here.
- Sometime after that, I'll head back to the Martins for a siesta and snacks. In the evening, I'm headed to dinner with Alice Peacock, and two students that she teaches English to. Don't believe we would actually get this privilege? Click here to see for yourself!

Saturday:
- At some point, I'll join the retreat with Team Corrientes (a team planning to plant a church several hundred miles north of here) to get to know each other and hear about their hopes and prayer needs.
- Some of Saturday will be spent preparing for Sunday's preaching and hopefully resting a little bit. I guess a plumber is coming to check on the Martins' house. Pray for both the preaching and the plumbing!

Sunday:
- In the morning, I preach at Berazategui Church, where Gary and Linda attend.
- In the evening, I'll preach at two churches, Bernal and Wilde. These visits to churches and the chance to meet Argentine believers and their families is an absolute blast. I love it. I am grateful to God and to our church for the opportunity to be here, to serve however I can, and to meet such sweet people.

No comments: